The Business Sherpa Group provides embedded services to small businesses and not for profits in a flexible way that really meets their needs. Our accounting team of associates provide accounting support ranging from bookkeeping through to strategic financial planning. Our passion is ensuring that accounting done well serves our clients by enabling better decision making.
Permanent Part-time Opportunity
Due to continuing demand for our accounting services, we’re searching for a Bookkeeper/Accountant to join our team on a permanent basis. This position will start at 3 days/week and can potentially transition to full-time if desired.
In this role you will work with a small number of clients providing ongoing accounting support. You may work in their offices or from our office or your home depending on the client needs.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Manage the full-cycle accounting function for a small number of organizations, working closely with them to prioritize your work to meet their business needs.
- Accurately record client invoices, employee expenses and supplier invoices, follow up to collect payment and ensure that supplier payments are made on time.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements, and analyze balance sheet accounts on a regular basis.
- Prepare quarterly government remittances for HST and EHT annual returns.
- Manage payroll and benefits including all related remittances and reporting.
- Prepare month and year-end working papers for assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Solve accounting puzzles by researching and reconciling discrepancies, and ensure that the accounting is in good order.
- Demonstrate a degree of comfort with multiple accounting packages and take on the challenge of learning new ones.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you’re a top performer who’s keen to make an impact on your clients’ businesses. You’re a team player, a problem-solver and naturally, an accounting whiz. You can independently manage the full accounting cycle, but you’re equally comfortable collaborating with peers, managers and executives. If that’s not enough, you have experience in a range of environments, from high-tech to not-for-profit.
- 3 years’ hands on experience in accounting, including accounts payable, invoicing, collections, financial statement preparation and payroll.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively, with exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational abilities and high ethical standards.
- Enthusiasm for what you do and the desire to help organizations be more efficient.
Please send a copy of your resume to with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Business Sherpa Group accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.