Bags Designer and Product Coordinator
The Bank and Vogue group of companies is a family-based business with its global headquarters located in Ottawa, Canada and dedicated to the wholesale, retail and supply of used consumer goods around the world. With a total of 140 employees, we operate three separate but complimentary organizations with each playing a unique role in the lifecycle of textile recycling and repurposing.
On the retail side, we own and operate Beyond Retro, a leading Vintage and Retro Clothing Chain with stores in the United Kingdom and Sweden and selling globally through www.beyondretro.com. Beyond Retro is dedicated to bringing high quality vintage garments and accessories to its fashion forward, savvy customers and is considered one of the top retailers in the UK.
Bank and Vogue Holdings Ltd. is one of North America’s largest sourcing agents in the used and vintage clothing market. In addition to sourcing product across North America, we work with clothing manufacturers and suppliers around the world to source product for our retail chain (Beyond Retro) in Europe.
You will work with our Design Team and Production Manager to design, and execute on the technical development processes, thus ensuring that our products adhere to our quality standards and maintain our brand values. Working with our London Team, this role is for a fixed term of 6 months, and can be either full-time or part-time dependent on level of experience.
- 6 months fixed term contract
- Develop and present seasonal trends to management and key team members
- Create and brief detailed spec packs with sketches/measurements for all bags
- Provide technical notes and support to our factory for all bag samples from concept to gold seal
- Contribute towards the development and planning of seasonal strategy
- Work with Raw Material Coordinator to ensure volumes of existing used garments are available to be be reworked to new designs
- Help manage the critical path alongside Production Manager to ensure all deadlines are met in accordance to key business KPIs
- Present sign off meetings to management alongside Production Manager
- Undertake regular comp shops and stores visits to identify emerging trends and also identify potential QC issues or minor changes that could be made to improve overall quality
- Develop QC standards to improve construction and production consistency for all gold sealed bags
- Help train team where appropriate on new ways of bags sampling that will help improve timings and overall look of the bags.
- Work closely with Wholesale Coordinator to create ranges and designs for new customers. Also help create seasonal lookbook ranges and product sheets for customers
- Involved within product engineering to maximise quality and collaborate with Production to achieve the required margin targets.
- Daily communications with our Factory and Product Development Team on quality. Trouble shooting and contribute to quality issue resolving
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst ensuring designs are commercially viable
- Traveling to international factories and store visits throughout the year
The ideal candidate will have
- Degree in Apparel/Bags Design
- +2 years’ work experience in bags manufacturing and product development for a high street or ethical brand
- Strong technical knowledge on bags (design, specs, fits)
- Thorough understanding of garment construction and deconstruction
- Experience with technical specifications and technical drawings using Adobe Illustrator, CAD and/or Photoshop
- Open minded and ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong fashion aptitude with an eye for detail and a passion for vintage clothing
- The ability to analyze fashion and textile trends combined with an excellent market awareness
- An ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced, team environment
- Self-starter personality; driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to travel as required including up to 4-6 trips per year for extended duration to Asia and North America
If you have the above skills and are looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced ethical fashion business then please apply with a CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.