Client Services Specialist
If you’re a results-driven, enthusiastic and technology-savvy team player, you’ll thrive in our dynamic, flexible and collaborative environment.
We have an immediate opening for a talented, enthusiastic and client-focused Client Service Specialist for our growing Pointe-Claire based team.
What You Will Do
- Provide administrative support to Financial Consultants and Portfolio Managers
- Respond effectively to all inquiries from current and prospective clients concerning MD products and services
- Process trade requests and ensure all regulatory requirements are met
- Work with other lines of business to arrange mutual client contact strategies
- Partner with Financial Consultants and Portfolio Managers in booking meetings for existing clients to ensure in-house and road-trip schedules are full
- Maintain a follow-up system for inquiries, complaints and problem resolution, ensuring that established MD Management service standards are being met in a timely matter
- Provide expertise, support and participate in the research of complex client issues
- Update database for all client contact, ensuring that all client information and notes are recorded correctly
- Maintain monthly compliance related tasks as required
- Book client appointments
- Track IPS expiry dates
- Make Annual Review client calls and/or send reminder emails
- Keep current of marketing initiatives
- Participate in short-term and ongoing projects as required
- Respond to last minute requests from advisor during client meetings
- Provide Reception coverage
What You Need
- Community college diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- Three plus years’ of experience in an administrative or clerical position, preferably with a financial services company
- Must be IIROC licensed or be willing to become licensed within 12 months of hire through completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), and the Conduct and Practices Handbook for Securities Industry Professionals (CPH)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and its applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Working knowledge of RRSPs, RRIFs, RESPs, mutual funds and other investment products
- Working knowledge of CRM2
What You Bring
- Dedication to client service
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated pro-activity and initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage change
What Success Looks Like
- You are passionate about the MD value proposition and actively look to acquire new clients.
- You are constantly learning and honing your skills.
- You are technology savvy and endeavour to find new and exciting ways to use technology in the servicing of your client.
- You feel rewarded and recognized in a way that inspires you to do your best work.
Please send a resume and covering letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about MD, please visit our website.