Head of eCommerce and Digital Marketing
Beyond Retro was established in 2002 as a single warehouse-turned-retail store in East London, stocked with an eclectic range of vintage apparel sourced from around the globe; Beyond Retro is home to a passionate all-star team of fashion and vintage experts committed to recycling while delivering a one-of-a-kind experience to our fashion-forward customers across Sweden, the UK and globally with beyondretro.com. Fifteen years, eight more stores and an eCommerce site later, we have carved a unique identity as the leading vintage retailer across the UK and Sweden.
This is a key role within our business requiring the ideal candidate to have an in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end eCommerce experience. The primary focus of the role is driving revenue growth and customer acquisition for both beyondretro.com and our physical stores via core digital channels.
Additionally, the Head of Digital and eCommerce will also be responsible for leading a small team and the technical project management of all website-associated development.
Key Responsibilities Include
- End-to-end ownership of the eCommerce operation and all Digital Marketing activity
- Line manage a team of 4, plus 4 non-direct reports
- Strong focus on customer acquisition and driving digital growth across multiple KPIs including traffic, revenue and customer database
- Accountability around core acquisition channels: SEO, email marketing and all paid acquisition channels with a strong focus on delivering profitable growth and a healthy ROI
- Ensuring other acquisition channels are optimised and in-line with wider marketing and eCommerce strategy
- Planning, managing and ensuring successful delivery of all technical projects associated with beyondretro.com
- Maintaining the beyondretro.com website and ensuring site stability, troubleshooting problems and escalation and resolution of technical errors
- Ensuring the beyondretro.com website and blog are continuously updated to maximise conversion rate and ensure brand consistency
- Supporting traffic acquisition to physical retail via digital marketing initiatives
- Management of all digital reporting with a requirement to restructure current reports
- Driving the digital business to ensure long term growth and a consistent customer experience
Beyond Retro is an established multi-channel brand, and we are looking for a senior eCommerce professional to take full ownership of the online channel, with freedom to make changes across the business.
The overall objective will be to achieve conservative growth in 2018 and a consistent ~25% year-on-year uplift moving forwards.
The ideal candidate will be very commercial and will have experience in growing an online business through effective digital marketing (we want someone who really understands this side of things and lives by ROI and numbers-based justification), as well as developing strong internal processes and ideally managing technical resources.
We’re looking for an experienced eCommerce and Digital Marketing Professional who is commercially-savvy and well versed in the world of acquisition and performance marketing with a proven track record of growing online revenue for a mid-level retail brand.
Essential Skills Include
- Highly proficient in digital marketing and channel optimisation
- Proven track record delivering revenue growth in a digital environment
- Experience of working with eCommerce technology (at least an understanding of basic processes and eCommerce platforms)
- Minimum 5+ years experience in an eCommerce and/or Digital Marketing role
- Proven team management skills and strong, written, verbal, analytical and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you would be suitable for the role. Please ensure you attach a resume with your email.
Beyond Retro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.