If you’re a results-driven, enthusiastic and technology-savvy team player, you’ll thrive in our dynamic, flexible and collaborative environment.
We have an immediate opening for a talented, enthusiastic and client-focused Portfolio Manager to join our growing Laval team. The portfolio manager will also be covering Gatineau area.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Portfolio Manager acts as a partner to MD’s Financial Consultants to develop wealth plans, enhance investment understanding and deliver discretionary investment management services designed to foster, maintain and strengthen relationships with high net worth MD clients.
As a Portfolio Manager for MD Private Investment Counsel, you will meet with high net worth clients to gather personal information, present our discretionary investment offering and develop a proposal based on their needs. You will also play a critical role in assessing client objectives and risk tolerance, to develop a portfolio proposal with the right asset allocation to meet the clients’ objectives and goals. A formal, written Investment Policy Statement will be developed and implemented, outlining the investment recommendations. In addition to having responsibility for explaining the specifics and strategy of MD Private Investment Counsel’s portfolios, pools and segregated investments to clients, you will conduct regular ongoing client reviews focused on overall portfolio performance, client financial objectives, tax situation and cash flow requirements.
An important part of your job will be the analysis of securities for transfer in-kind due to capital gain/loss reasons, analysis of mutual funds, segregated stocks and bonds to determine classification, suitability, and eventual disposition or tranching-in strategies.
When not working directly with clients, you will participate in networking activities with other team members, including Financial Consultants, Estate & Trust Advisors and Insurance Specialists to foster relationships to ensure the value proposition as it relates to MD Private Investment Counsel, is promoted and understood and participate in seminars for Canadian Medical Association members and other qualified investors.
What You Need
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 6 years’ specifically delivering discretionary investment management services to high net worth clients coupled with a University degree in business, commerce or financial planning.
You hold the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation (including 12 months of relevant investment management experience subject to regulatory approval) or possess their Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) designation or completion of level 1 of the CFA program (including 24 months of relevant investment management experience subject to regulatory approval).
You must be registered or have the ability to become immediately registered with the appropriate provincial securities commission as a Portfolio Manager.
What You Bring
- You are inspired by doing the best for your clients and by providing tailored and timely advice based on the principles of client first, mutual trust and high integrity.
- You are an outstanding communicator.You actively listen and tailor your response accordingly based on your client’s level of understanding and interest.
- You are committed to continuous learning and use your knowledge and understanding of MD Fund Manager selection and oversight processes as well as critical micro and macro-economic issues to provide sound financial advice and assess potential financial impact on clients’ investment portfolios.
- You enjoy the collaborative process and look forward to partnering with other team members to best service your client.
- You are able to effectively multitask to prioritize the complex demands of multiple stakeholders.
- You are a respected member of the external financial community; seen as a knowledgeable and credible resource.
What Success Looks Like
- Your clients are engaged, satisfied and on the path to attaining their financial goals.
- You are constantly learning and honing your skills.
- You are technology savvy and endeavour to find new and exciting ways to use technology in the servicing of your client.
- You feel rewarded and recognized in a way that inspires you to do your best work.
Please send a resume and covering letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about MD, please visit our website.