Beyond Retro is a leading vintage clothing retailer with stores in the UK and Sweden. We are committed recyclers dedicated to bringing high quality on-trend vintage clothing to our fashion forward customers in our large-scale stores and online.
The role of Production Manager is a uniquely specialized role developed from within our Beyond Retro community. Our re-manufacturing projects completely deconstruct and rework original garments. Our innovative designs modify, alter and recreate existing vintage garments to produce fantastic pieces that our customers love. Our Beyond Retro Label line fulfils an on-trend product demand and allows for new sustainable designs that we are unable to find in our existing vintage supply.
Be Part of the Team
We are expanding our team of managers and have a unique opportunity for an experienced hands-on Senior Manager who is business focused and looking to have an impact on the bottom line. Your understanding of process improvement & lean manufacturing processes will be key to your success in this role.
- Implement and oversee the production processes
- Create and monitor the production schedules, adjusting schedules as required
- Plan, execute product flow and process improvements thru lean techniques
- Promote and facilitate development in various lean tools; (Kanban, standardized work, etc )
- Ensure that the production is cost effective
- Responsible for the hiring of resources and identify what resources are required.
- Monitoring timescales, estimating costs and setting quality standards
- Responsible for selection and maintenance of equipment
- Monitor product standards and implement QC programs
- Liaise with different cross functional teams including Design, Raw Material Sourcing, Suppliers and customers
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Support the company's culture & values while serving as an example within the plant
- Special projects and initiatives as required
- A minimum of 5 years experience
- Must be fluent in English
- Excellent excel and analytical skills
- Degree in Textile industry in manufacturing
- Effective communication and techniques to deal with a global multicultural industry
- Entrepreneurial and proactive at building relations
- Proven ability to pass along knowledge to staff
- Ability to create a positive work environment & motivate staff to reach their potential
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond Retro is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.