This position is responsible for maintaining the highest standard of quality service by effectively facilitating trade instructions and responding to inquiries from current and prospective clients. Providing support to MD Management Ltd regional offices across Canada; projecting a positive, professional image of MDM in the Trade Centre’s day-to-day activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Remains current on and has detailed knowledge of MDM products and services
- Responds to incoming calls/correspondence from current and prospective clients and/or their representatives and from MDM regional offices across Canada
- Responsible for maintaining a follow-up system for inquiries / complaints / problem resolution, etc. and ensures that established standards are being met
- Remains current on market conditions, interest rates and other financial industry new
- Very good understanding of the financial services industry and its variety of services, investment account types and financial instruments such as mutual funds, bonds and equities including a good understanding of the rules regarding RRSPs, RRIFs, TFSA and non-registered investments as well as applicable tax-related issues.
- Ability and understanding to trade in mutual funds, equities and fixed income products
- In a “real time” (live) environment; places trades accurately, accepts Private Investment Council requests and completes all necessary follow-up
- Complete and current knowledge of all internal trading policies, rules of the stock exchanges and guidelines of the IIROC, combined with the ability to relate these issued to specific client situations so that the interest of the client and MD Management are protected at all times
- Recommends appropriate solutions to administrative errors/problems
- Identifies opportunities for client retention and lead generation
- Identifies opportunities to market the services and products of MD Physician Services and participates in all Pro-activity campaigns.
Education & Experience
- University degree with 2 to 3 years of front-line experience within a call centre or/and the financial services industry
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly and easily assimilate new procedures into daily workflow
- Capable of working without close supervision; ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Bilingualism (French English)
- Formal telephone and customer service-related training are definite assets
Please send a resume and covering letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about MD, please visit our website.