Vice President, Information Technology
Are you a technology explorer and evangelist? Fascinated by how technology is transforming the way we work and interact? Do you have a vision and proven track record delivering technology solutions that delight and inspire employees and provide the robust and secure infrastructure for an increasingly digital business?
If so, this is the role for you.
MD Financial Management is hiring a Vice President, Information Technology.
The successful candidate has their finger on the pulse of enabling technology and a deep understanding of how to apply it to drive employee experience and productivity. An inspiring and results-oriented leader, you champion, coach and motivate a high performance IT team through times of disruption and change, while being accountable for the flawless function and creative evolution of a portfolio of technology solutions. You partner with other business leaders to design the technology strategies and platforms that position MD to differentiate, grow and win.
The VP, Information Technology will:
- Lead, support and inspire the internal technology team, identifying and acting on opportunities for development and continuous improvement, encouraging prudent risk-taking, exploration of alternative approaches and organizational learning. Demonstrate personal commitment to change through actions and words.
- Lead the establishment and execution of a digital workplace strategy that ensures employees have the tools and work environment to be more engaged, productive and effective.
- Execute and evolve the internal technology roadmap which is aligned with the organization’s current strategy.
- Maintain currency on new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies to introduce and integrate within the enterprise to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the business.
- Provide governance over technology programs, evaluating alternative delivery options and external partnerships to ensure efficient and successful delivery of technology solutions.
- Support the organization's broader innovation efforts and play a role in experimenting with new technology to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Develop and control annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of the enterprise and is within plan.
Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree (computer science or business administration preferred). A graduate degree (e.g. MSc., MBA) preferred.
- Minimum 10 years directly related IT leadership experience; familiarity with Agile, Design-thinking and Open Innovation methods.
- Proven hands-on knowledge leading and influencing organizations through the development of IT vision and strategies.
- Experience in the financial services industry or in a similar business where heavy regulation and rapid transformation must co-exist. This includes sharing accountability for network security and data privacy outcomes with the Chief Information Security Officer and other teams with regulatory mandates.
- Demonstrated commitment and success in attracting and developing top talent, sharp focus on performance and goal achievement.
- Experience managing within a complex multi-business, decentralized environment.
- Astute business judgment and confident decision-making skills. Can confidently navigate high-risk decisions with significant consequences in rapidly changing environments. Reaches decisions assuredly in an environment of public scrutiny.
- Track record of building exceptional teams. Can attract and retain high performance talent; can clearly articulate vision and expectations and create structures and remove obstacles to provide best opportunity for success.
- Client focused orientation. Strategically and systematically evaluates emerging trends, long term opportunities and threats to meeting client’s needs and then sets a strategic business direction to meet those needs.
- Long-term success orientation. Continually develops ideas that effectively position the organization; identifies breakthrough opportunities that will enhance business effectiveness and appropriately trades off short-term cost/disadvantages for long-term revenues/gains.
- Change champion. Creates an environment that encourages change, innovation and improvement through the promotion of information gathering and sharing to help identify opportunities for and to address potential impacts of change.
- Exceptional communicator. Can clearly articulate vision of organization, products, and markets served to varied audiences. Has ability to describe this vision and values in compelling terms that promote enthusiasm, passion and energy amongst the team.
- Inspirational Leader. Cultivates a feeling of energy, excitement and optimism in the team. Creates an environment where team members consistently push for improved team and individual performance and productivity.
Within the first 12 months, this Vice President will:
- Create a transformative technology roadmap based on the latest technologies in AI, cloud services, DevOps, & augmented reality.
- Act as a catalyst to drive ‘innovative thinking’ across the organization. Changing the customer experience from a digital perspective.
- Create a strategic blue print that will act as the framework for infrastructure related initiatives.
- This VP will be tasked with building a best-in-class technology team that will work with client technology and application teams.
- Create a strategy that will close the gap on BI related initiatives within the organization.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to Todd Luckasavitch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MD Financial Management accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection processes.